We are looking for a System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Maintains the IT infrastructures — overseeing network and system security, software and hardware management.
- Takes charge of repairs and installations of wiring cables.
- Installs operating systems and applicable software applications authorized by company.
- Identifies and corrects problems and errors in the systems.
- Supports LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Maintains system efficiency and ensures that the system design works properly and meets business needs.
- Attends to reported users’ problems and provides root-cause analysis and solutions.
- Monitors IT infrastructure and recommends upgrades.
- Isolates issues and provides thorough analysis.
- Monitors networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
- Evaluates and modifies system’s performance according to standard requirements.
- Identifies user needs and determines applicable assistance.
- Maintains integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Ensures network connectivity and its technical functionality according to the company’s system infrastructure.
- Designs and deploys networks as required.
- Performs network address assignment.
- Assigns routing protocols and routing table configuration.
- Assigns configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Maintains network facilities in individual machines (Ex.: installation of drivers and settings of personal computers, printers, ..etc.).
- Maintains network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, intrusion detection systems.
- Administers servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Trains company users as needed.
- Develops scripts, software, planning, constructing and managing databases.
- Coordinates and collaborates with immediate team and customer teams to drive solutions to issues.
- Performs other duties as may be required in the organization.
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl or another language
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a plus